B.Sc. Hospitality Science (B.Sc. H.S.)
Programme Specifics:4 Year Degree in Hospitality Science
including industrial training
Eligibility:Pass in PUC or 10+2 or HSC
Affiliation/Approval:Affiliated to Mangalore University and approved
by Government of Karnataka
Hospitality Science is a service industry which focuses on serving the needs of food and accommodation to its clients from varied communities. It is an area of study that covers a wide range of topics concerned with the operational aspects of hotel, food and beverage industry. Education in Hospitality Science develops skills of the students to effectively manage different responsibilities such as front office, reservation services, food and beverage service/ food and beverage production, housekeeping and also marketing and administrative / managerial aspects. Since it is a profession related to tourism it provides extensive opportunities for travel and working abroad.
- Hotel industry (Executive Chefs, Food and beverage manager, Executive house keeper, Front office manager, Restaurant manager etc)
- Airline Catering
- Club management
- Cruise Ship hospitality service operations
- Hospital catering
- Industrial canteens/ Institutional canteens
- Food court management.
- Tourism Associations (for eg: state tourism development corporations)
- Hospitality services in the defense services
- Hospitality services in MNC’s
- Guest Houses/ Resorts.
- Railways catering.
- Hotel and catering institutes (as a teaching faculty or a training officer)
- Self employment (catering service, hotel, lodges and restaurants )
- Event management.